However..... Sadly, I don't have $2,400 to spend on a computer monitor. So where to from here....
In the end it came down to budget and performance. $1000 was really, really pushing the edge of my budget and then the catch dot com deal on the lg 34uc79g-b 34" appeared. This monitors RRP is $1,349, I've seend it for $1,089 and was umming and arring at this price. Then Catch dot com had it for $780 3rd party sale from a NZ PC shop. BAM!!
- Screen Size: 34" Curved (87cm)
- Panel Technology: IPS
- Native Resolution: 2560 x 1080
- Brightness: 250cd/m2 (Typ.), 200cd/m2 (Min.)
- Contrast Ratio(Original): 1000:1(Typ.)
- Response Time(GTG): 5ms(High), 1ms with Motion Blur Reduction
- Viewing Angle (H x V): 178/178 (CR≥10)
- Colour Depth: 8bits, 16.7M
- Colour Gamut: NTSC 72%
SPECIAL FEATURES :
- Picture Mode,
- Response Time Control,
- Freesync Game Mode,
- DAS Mode,
- Black Stabiliser,
- 1ms Motion Blur Reduction,
- Six Axis Control,
- Reader Mode,
- Super Resolution+,
- Dual controller Stand,
- 144Hz Refresh Rate,
- Tilt -5º (Front) ~ 20º (Rear)
So the big question is how does it look?
So glad I've made the switch, the only caveat is it's expensive to do so, and I was lucky to get a hold of that Catch dot com deal.
Now back to gaming!!! HOOAH!!