ToRN aCAPTAINo
    T19B Founder
    Master
    LEVEL 5
    Admins
    Online on Site
    Welcome to The 19th Battalion – An Oceanic Gaming Community

logo_180.PNG

Below you will find all you need to know about our community and how it’s run. Upon reading and signing this thread, you have formally entered a contract with The 19th that acknowledges your membership and also let’s community management know, that you know all of our operating procedures. I will try keep the article as brief as possible, however it is required that you read the entire post at least once.

Note: Any new member who requires Discord details, they are located at the bottom of this post. They are there for a reason, that reason being if we see you on Discord it means you have read this entire document and understand the way we operate. Any user who skipped all the way to the bottom just to obtain the details does so at his own risk. Throughout this post there will be a secret code word. You will be asked what this word is when we see you in Discord 3. If you give us the right code, we can safely assume that you have read the entire post.

Rules

When you first signed up, you would have to have selected “Yes” to reading our Rules and Regulations located HERE. I expect all community members to follow these rules at all times without exception.

The Three Strike System

I have implemented a disciplinary system at The 19th that involves a simple 3 strikes and your out policy. Any users caught in breach of our major rules and guidelines will receive a strike on their record after a disciplinary meeting with my self and your choice of representative present. 99.9% of the time you can count on a strike if you have clearly breached our rules or continuously disrespected game officers, Discord admins or other members. We are all here to have fun, enjoy ourselves and build friendly relations with other like minded gamers. There’s no reason anyone should get a strike.

If you receive 3 strikes, you will be banned from the website and forums for 2 weeks while you cool down. A further strike after you return will result in removal from The 19th community. You will be IP Banned, so don’t bother signing up again under a different username. (Discord word challenge 1 of 2: GUN) This system has been implemented for the benefit of all our members as no body wants people in the community who drag the rest of us down.

The Chat Box
    Please do not embed Youtube videos or Pictures into the chat box. You can post a link to them, but no actual embedding.

Game Officers

This thread HERE explains it all. However here is a little more information for everyone. Game Officers are responsible for the game they manage. They undertake a wide range of tasks and are responsible for recruitment, management, raids/operations as well as any grievances members are having with other members in respect to those games.

Game officers also manage their relevant Discord channels. Please show the respect and etiquette they are due when speaking or listening to our game officers. They have been chosen for a reason and I have the utmost faith in the members I have appointed. If any member has a problem with any game officer or you wish to report an abuse of power, please PM myself immediately. Alternatively please PM a community officer and include me on the PM.

Joining The 19th for a Specific Game

When joining the community to play an official game currently being played by The 19th, take the time to navigate the appropriate game forums located in our Discussion Boards. Within these forums you will find a wreathe of important information on how that particular game operates and is governed, as well as learning about any unique procedures you need to adhere to when playing said game with The 19th. Core rules for our official games will be located on the Rules page of the website. However, I implore you to seek out the game forums, read the relevant topics as well as contribute to the community. Your actions won’t go unnoticed by Officer’s and you will be on a fast track to a promotion.

Discord Admins

Our Discord admins are responsible for administering the server when myself, or my Lieutenants can not be present. Their responsibilities are to keep the server free from unauthorised users making use of the server.

Discord admins can be approached by members on Discord regarding any issues they are having with members on the server. They will do their best to diffuse the situation where necessary.

Discord admins are susceptible to all guidelines and procedures put forward by 19th management the same as everybody else, myself included. No one member here is above any of our guidelines.

Discord Names and Website Names

Your Discord name must reflect your website name. This is non-negotiable. If your name is different you will be asked to change it.

Discord Etiquette and 19th Member Ranks Etiquette

This should be self explanatory, however some members need reminding sometimes. When on Discord a bit of friendly banter and horseplay is normal. We are all gamers and with that comes a certain degree of harsh mouths and derogatory comments. Just know there is a time and place for everything. If you can see a member clearly taking things to far let him know enough is enough. Other members will start to take offense at times and at these times its up to you to be the better man/woman and diffuse the situation and offer apologies where necessary. We all want to enjoy ourselves whilst chatting to friends so let’s all work together to make our Discord server a fun place to be at all times.

Etiquette is also due when dealing with members who are higher in rank than you. Now let me make something clear. Unless members are game officers or 19th community officers, then they are not above you in anyway. What I’m referring to is Privates/Corporals/Sergeants/Staff Sergeants. There is a basic chain of RESPECT, not command, in adoption here. The members who outrank you, do so for a reason. That reason would be simple reasons such as their commitment to The 19th and how active they are within the community.

Word of mouth spreads quite fast around here and the best way for you to rank up is respect members who are higher than you. If you respect these members, you will definitely be shown the same courtesy towards you, and when I ask our Staff Sergeants what they think of a lower ranked member and if they a worthy of a promotion, their word will carry major weight as I can’t monitor everybody at once. (Discord word challenge 2 of 2: SLINGER)

NOTE: Members who outrank you have no rights over you what so ever. They can not tell you what to do, unless they are game officers. The ranking system is purely for 19th officers to take into consideration for gaming rosters and related things.

Discord Core Rules

- 19th Core Rules apply at all times.
    - Disrespect will not be tolerated towards community officers, game officers, Discord admins and members.
    - You must use PUSH-TO-TALK to communicate on Discord. Members with open Microphone’s will be warned then kicked from the server.
    - No music is to be streamed at any times. If this occurs you will be asked to stop immediately. If it continues you will be issued a strike.
    - No offensive or explicit avatars.
    - No offensive or explicit names.
    - No spamming the chat box at any time.
    - Do not constantly poke members.
    - Any breaches of the above rules will result in a strike issued against you.

Discord Forum

There is a thread on our website dedicated entirely to our Discord server. To access it please click HERE. Within this forum you can request access to have a friend temporarily join our server or request a channel be created. You will also find resource documents to help you with .

Membership Forum Icons

You will notice people have badges and icons under their usernames on the forums. Please refer to our Awards Page for an overview on each award.

Discord Details

Below are our Discord details. Under no circumstance are you to give out our server details without permission.

Server Invite Link:

https://discord.gg/ps4gGyu

Regards,
    Captain ToRN, Leader and Founder of The 19th Battalion
    19thlogocap.png

// What we do Alive //  ToRN  \\ Echoes in Eternity \\

enjin-featured-site-small.png
    Posted Aug 9, 14 · OP · Last edited Oct 27, 17 by ToRN
    List
    Undo
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1