Page
    of 2

Couple of Fallout 4 screenies

11 replies
    Crab SSGT
    Experienced
    LEVEL 2
    Some of my adventures....

You are all jealous of how fabulous I look.
    oGYUi8g.jpg

OCCUPIED!! (credit for this one goes to Aeasen)
    tbbJ4O6.jpg

Now for a couple of photos of my base that's still in progress. Here's the barracks:
    QKnHLSE.jpg
    LX3tYKJ.jpg
    (there's actually a switch on the back wall that's supposed to turn the lights and fans off, but it doesn't seem to work properly)

Here's my power station:
    lqknst7.jpg
    lPrmqWC.jpg
    (70 units of power coming out of there. Enough to power a whole city I hope)
    e4fAFLp.jpg
    Posted Nov 20, 15 · OP
    List
    Undo
    ToRN aCAPTAIN
    T19B Founder
    Master
    LEVEL 5
    Admins
    Very nice set up dude!
    19thlogocap.png

// What we do Alive //  ToRN  \\ Echoes in Eternity \\

enjin-featured-site-small.png
    Posted Nov 20, 15
    Banicks SSGT
    Veteran
    LEVEL 3
    You're inspiring me to give base building another go. But I get through half an hour of frustration with the walls not wanting to join at corners and go questing.

Really hoping they give it a big patch. Snap-to angling via mouse-wheel for any angles would be wonderful.
    I'm beginning to get more grey hairs than frags these days.
    Posted Nov 21, 15
    Crab SSGT
    Experienced
    LEVEL 2
    wrote:
    You're inspiring me to give base building another go. But I get through half an hour of frustration with the walls not wanting to join at corners and go questing.

Really hoping they give it a big patch. Snap-to angling via mouse-wheel for any angles would be wonderful.

You're 100% right. I've spent about 10 hours or so mucking around with building, so if you have any questions I've worked most of it out. I don't care for the settlements and running them, I just like building.

The trick with getting walls to snap is floors. If you notice in both my barracks and power station, they both have wooden flooring. Once you put wooden flooring down, the walls snap perfectly (both metal and wooden), including around corners. The wooden flooring won't always match up with the foundations if you're using the old house foundations (hence the power station), but if you're building on open ground it works great. Also you can use the actual foundations which you find in wood > flooring, which will level out the area and you can then place wooden flooring on them and the walls will snap to them, if you put down your own foundations you won't get overhang either.

Power is a bitch too.
    e4fAFLp.jpg
    Posted Nov 21, 15 · OP
    List
    Undo
    Crab SSGT
    Experienced
    LEVEL 2
    There's actually still things that annoy me. Like with my power station it had to be two levels high to fit the generators in with a roof, however to put a second level on without flooring it leaves a big gap right in the middle of the two levels. I guess it IS the wasteland, so we can't expect perfection :)
    e4fAFLp.jpg
    Posted Nov 21, 15 · OP
    Crab SSGT
    Experienced
    LEVEL 2
    Couple more pictures :)

For those who watched Sons of Anarchy:
    yYl1QiL.jpg

Now for some more build photos... firstly this is how I build. Gives me an extra +3 INT for extra XP while building. I'm around level 28 and I think 20 of them are from building
    sKqxNPx.jpg

Now for a couple of photos of a HOTEL I just finished building. Pretty happy with how it turned out:
    D3VWNXo.jpg

Downstairs rec area:
    4cy7PHH.jpg
    9q6fwsv.jpg
    ibK5uQY.jpg
    hcCNRrr.jpg

Upstairs - Rooms (It's identical on both sides, and each room is also identical):
    Va2iNLi.jpg
    0E46N2O.jpg
    e4fAFLp.jpg
    Posted Nov 21, 15 · OP · Last edited Nov 21, 15 by Crab
    List
    Undo
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    If you love to build head to the South East, The Island. Clear the Mirelurks and watch out for the MireLurk Queen! But the building area is amazing and is the largest settlement size you have in the map!
    So much potential!!!
    Posted Nov 21, 15 · Last edited Nov 28, 15 by IronhandSt...
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    Exploits With Unlimited Settlement Size Mod on!

nw86c4Q.jpg

GeulyAm.jpg

cySS3nL.jpg

r43lSeT.jpg

ocBnfyl.jpg
    Posted Nov 26, 15
    List
    Undo
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    So I got sick of my current Farmhouse Settlement, I felt it was outdated compared to the other 2. So I made this...
    pnpm7ha.jpg
    2Tq3voP.jpg
    fJ55exs.jpg
    This is the Bedroom, 104 Beds!
    bHioM9F.jpg
    Posted Nov 28, 15
    List
    Undo
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    What mod you using for that iron?
    Posted Nov 29, 15