of 3

[DIV] Incursion Update April 12th

25 replies
    ToRN aCAPTAIN
    T19B Founder
    Master
    LEVEL 5
    Admins
    The Division developer Massive Entertainment today detailed the big update coming to the game in April, which introduces its first Incursion.

Called Falcon Lost, this is an end-game mission that represents the first Incursion--basically, The Division's take on raids. It's a high-end task that will challenge players and require a good deal of teamwork in order to complete. You can use matchmaking to get teammates, but however your team is assembled, there are no checkpoints. That means if your team wipes, you'll have to start over.

You'll need roughly level 31 gear to be capable of taking on the challenge. There's also a higher difficulty mode that the developers recommend only for players who have collected the new gear sets coming in this update. Several new sets are being introduced, and by equipping matching gear sets, you'll be able to unlock specific talents. Most of these sets are found in Falcon Lost, but it's possible to get them in other ways (and one, specifically, can't be found in the Incursion).

There's a special weekly reward for completing an Incursion, but you can still replay it over and over to get good rewards. But you'll only be entitled to that weekly reward after the first time you complete the Incursion each week. This weekly reward can be earned on each of your characters.

Trading also makes its debut in this update. Rather than doing this through menus, you'll instead trade items by simply dropping them on the ground--this will allow other players in your group to then pick them up. However, those players will need to have been with you when you acquired the item to be eligible. Also, much like Diablo III, there is a timer: You'll have two hours to transfer an item after it first drops.

One important thing to be aware of is that anyone in your group can pick up an item (provided they were there when it initially dropped). That means if you're playing with a friend and two random people, you'll need to be careful about transferring an item to that friend.

Other new features in this update include a spectator camera and assignments (weekly and daily missions that reward you with Phoenix credits). Supply drops are also new; these are dropped into the Dark Zone and are surrounded by tough enemies. The first player or group to collect it will earn a reward that--unlike other Dark Zone goodies--don't need to be extracted.

We'll have more details on The Division's update, which launches on April 12, as they're announced.

Tomato: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-april-update-details-on-trading-incur/1100-6436187/
    19thlogocap.png

// What we do Alive //  ToRN  \\ Echoes in Eternity \\

enjin-featured-site-small.png
    Posted Apr 1, 16 · OP
    List
    Undo
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    Awesome, can't wait
    Posted Apr 1, 16
    Smiff a2ND LT
    Master
    LEVEL 5
    Admins
    A lot of new content. Fantastic!! :thumb:

I like the sound of the matched sets for special talents

"Several new sets are being introduced, and by equipping matching gear sets, you'll be able to unlock specific talents. Most of these sets are found in Falcon Lost, but it's possible to get them in other ways (and one, specifically, can't be found in the Incursion). The four sets are called Sentry's Call (precision-focused), Striker's Battle Gear (assault-oriented), Technician's Authority (for players supporting a team with healing), and Path of the Nomad (earned in the Dark Zone)."
    ggJMmRr.jpgdkfjwAb.jpgHydY0rE.jpgwG5dyi1.jpg
    Posted Apr 1, 16 · Last edited Apr 1, 16 by Smiff
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    This sounds great! I'm so glad DLC content is coming out this early from when the game was released!
    I, along with others will probably need help in the DZ collecting high end gear that would enable us to participate.
    But I am looking forward to it!
    Posted Apr 1, 16
    List
    Undo
    Dro LT
    Second in Command
    Veteran
    LEVEL 3
    I am more than happy to join dz runs. Don't aim for gold drops in the dz. Aim for rank 50, div tech and crafting mats.

I would also recommend purchasing the blueprints for Blackmarket AK, Magazine Capacity, Firearms mod and Stamina mod. These are sold by the vendor upstairs at base of ops for Phoenix creds.

If you need help farming things, mission runs or want advice on gear and things, just ask as many of us are happy to lend a hand.
    Posted Apr 1, 16
    List
    Undo
    ToRN aCAPTAIN
    T19B Founder
    Master
    LEVEL 5
    Admins
    Exactly what Dro said. Anyone on TS3 is always more than willing to help. People just need to ask. We can't read your minds! If we don't get asked then chances are we will just group up to farm PC or mats.
    Posted Apr 1, 16 · OP
    List
    Undo
    Crab SSGT
    Experienced
    LEVEL 2
    Also, unless you really needs the mats, you're better off running around the DZ ONLY collecting HE drops and nothing else. It will speed up XP time by not having to extract all the time. Althought it's so hard to run around the DZ and not pick up purples! Gives me a nervous twitch. Ha
    e4fAFLp.jpg
    Posted Apr 1, 16
    List
    Undo
    Slato 2ND LT
    Veteran
    LEVEL 3
    I'm only collecting Purple Mods, Weapons and mods becuase I already have a shit tonne of Gold Fabric. Its almost getting to the point that Im only getting Golds.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    Posted Apr 1, 16
    Bouda118 SSGT
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    Looks amazing, Looking forward to Airdrops gunna spice up the DZ PVP. More PVE content is great too, Not only incursions but more daily's and weekly's.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4crm0v/update_11_summary/ A little break down from the stream too
    CSGO Stats
    Founder of AoW.Esports
    Manager of Div2 Team, FireUP.gg
    Player of Div4 Team ShelveIT.gg
    Posted Apr 1, 16 · Last edited Apr 1, 16 by Bouda118
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    I only pick up Gold and Credits in the DZ, The only reason I will grab purple is if there are some close when others in the party are extracting.
    Other than that, I am only there for the levels... 99% of my gear is crafted, 90% of my gear is level 30. I am finding I am doing the dailies 3-5 times a day to get the Phoenix Credits to purchase and modify my gear so I am happy with it.
    My character is tooled specifically as a supporter, healing and drawing the threat, so that others may move in to a better spot for the kill.
    That's why I am not really that good solo in the DZ.

I am really pleased with everyone just willing to do what is needed from the guys who are lower levels. I much prefer to play with others, makes this game that much enjoyable!!!
    Posted Apr 1, 16
    List
    Undo
    Page
    of 3
    NoticeNotices