of 2

Escape from Tarkov: Here we go again?

13 replies
    ToRN aCAPTAIN
    T19B Founder
    Master
    LEVEL 5
    Admins
    Definitely interesting Banicks, however I'm not sure I can get past the last russian mega flop yet. If you track this games development, please keep us updated on your findings.
    19thlogocap.png

// What we do Alive //  ToRN  \\ Echoes in Eternity \\

enjin-featured-site-small.png
    Posted Apr 5, 16
    Slato 2ND LT
    Veteran
    LEVEL 3
    Looks like Banicks got a response:
    Claus wrote:
    @Banicks Sorry for being late.

Yes, we will be the ones hosting the servers. The precise network architecture and server locations are in "under construction" state, so I have no further details yet.

However, we care about our players, and will try to figure out the best setup possible.

P.S. If you happen to have examples of games running their servers in Australia with good quality or, even better, knowledge of Australian server renting market, please contact me via private messages.

With the high cost of server rentals in Australia compared to overseas its doubtful that they would host one here.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    Posted Apr 5, 16 · Last edited Apr 5, 16 by Slato
    Banicks SSGT
    Veteran
    LEVEL 3
    wrote:
    Looks like Banicks got a response:
    Claus wrote:
    @Banicks Sorry for being late.

Yes, we will be the ones hosting the servers. The precise network architecture and server locations are in "under construction" state, so I have no further details yet.

However, we care about our players, and will try to figure out the best setup possible.

P.S. If you happen to have examples of games running their servers in Australia with good quality or, even better, knowledge of Australian server renting market, please contact me via private messages.

With the high cost of server rentals in Australia compared to overseas its doubtful that they would host one here.

"I am yet to pre-order or spend any money on this game, especially until developers officially respond. I think you will find taking into account the above situation of hive-like servers, it's probable that EFT will never get on-shore with Australian servers. When you look at multi-billion dollar developers/publishers such as Blizzard with World of Warcraft. They still don't have on-shore servers, merely SEA based servers up in Asia. Australian hosting is one of the most expensive in the world.

Whilst high latency is not such a huge deal for RPGs, for an FPS of EFT's nature, ping above 50 is going to be a huge disadvantage. Unfortunately this rules out this game at it's core for myself, and most likely other Australians. At least until things change.

It's unfortunate that Battlestate will essentially be missing out on AUS as a market, but, honesty from them and open communication would go a long way. I feel that perhaps if they officially addressed and responded to questions like mine, even if the outcome was a negative in regards to confirming that there won't be onshore servers, it would still go a long way for their 'openness' and PR.

The last thing they should be doing is leaving questions like this unanswered in the hope they profit from Australians, or players of nations in similar situations, come the realization that the game at it's core can't fulfill gunplay due to latency, EFT would be cast into the rest of those 'survival shooters' categories. Best to be open and transparent."

They have at least been communicative, and are requesting feedback for hosting options. Realistically, Telstra is the only company capable of hosting something decent on the scale and support level that would be required.

As I stated prior to his response, we know that isn't going to happen when multi-billion dollar companies still don't put onshore.

Taking that into account, EFT is basically a no go for us, and other Australians. It isn't Battlestate's fault, it's Australia's fucktard backwards data hosting and internet infrastructure. These guys aren't Blizzard or Activision, so they don't have the bank to worry about Australia. Their concern is Europe and USA.

Such is life, but kudos to them for not pulling a con to profit.
    I'm beginning to get more grey hairs than frags these days.
    Posted Apr 5, 16 · OP · Last edited Apr 5, 16 by Banicks
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    :ban: It's so annoying! It looks so good! :comp: Stupid overseas servers!
    Posted Apr 5, 16
    Page
    of 2
    NoticeNotices