Page
    of 3

[DIV] Optimum Pistol Build? And General Tank Discussion

28 replies
    Smiff a2ND LT
    Master
    LEVEL 5
    Admins
    Found this useful, if not amusing, post on reddit - Going Ballistic; How to Tank like a god

Which has a link to this spreadsheet on Google docs

Link to Google Docs with build information and rational (Read comments on certain fields, more will be added).
    ggJMmRr.jpgdkfjwAb.jpgHydY0rE.jpgwG5dyi1.jpg
    Posted Apr 5, 16 · OP · Last edited Apr 5, 16 by Smiff
    Banicks SSGT
    Veteran
    LEVEL 3
    Nice Smiff, I would try to drop your Ammunition down to the bare minimum requirement for Bleed, increasing your electronics where you can.

Do you think you can get your armor up more? My support main is sporting 50%, I think the 'operator' named high ends sport the biggest armor numbers. I would try to aim for 75%.

Also, I did a little research into resistance. Exotic Resistance is PvP related, apparently covering all player skill damage related stuff. So ideally you will look to resist fire, bleed and disorient, in that order. I believe knee-pads have the best resist rolls under their minor categories. I rolled a 108% bleed resist once, whether that means I was utterly resistant to bleeding? I'm not a mathematical person.
    I'm beginning to get more grey hairs than frags these days.
    Posted Apr 5, 16 · Last edited Apr 5, 16 by Banicks
    List
    Undo
    Bouda118 SSGT
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    I think the Armour cap is 65%, Which is 4700 Armour, There is also a talent for chest called Robust which gives 45% bonus armour while in cover, I would assume that includes tank shields
    CSGO Stats
    Founder of AoW.Esports
    Manager of Div2 Team, FireUP.gg
    Player of Div4 Team ShelveIT.gg
    Posted Apr 5, 16 · Last edited Apr 5, 16 by Bouda118
    List
    Undo
    Smiff a2ND LT
    Master
    LEVEL 5
    Admins
    Found this on Armour.

Best in Slot Stat Guide: How Armor works / Best stats on each piece of gear (Text / Video)

I haven't watched the vid, but the text is informative. Summary:

Best Stats Per Gear Piece
    Potential Stat Rolls + Ranking (Only listing top tier stats)

Body Armor (3 bonuses allowed): 1. Armor 2. Damage to Elites 3. Gear mod slot 4. Protection from Elites
    • Body armor doesn't have life changing potential bonuses - Because of this, I'd suggest on your chest piece to grab:
    • +Armour
    • +Elite Damage
    • Your choice of mod slot / health on kill / protection from elites
    Back Pack (1 primary stat):
    • Critical hit damage,
    • Armor.
    • Highly recommend taking critical hit damage, as only 3 pieces of gear can get it. If you are low armor however, you may need the bonus armor to survive.
    Knee Pads (two bonuses allowed):
    • Critical Damage
    • Armor
    • Damage to Elites
    • Gear Mod
    • Protection from elites
    • Knee pads allow for bonus critical hit damage, one of the best stats in the game for DPS.
    • Tankier Build: Armor + Critical Hit damage
    • DPS Build: Damage to Elites + Critical Hit damage
    • (gear mod slots are ok, but I personally don't like them)
    Holster (one bonus):
    • Armor
    • Gear mod
    • Protection from elites
    • This order is is pretty well the same for what you should pick.
    • Need armor? +Armor
    • Need health? Stamina gear mod
    • Need damage? Firearm mod
    Gloves ( 3 bonus DPS KINGS):
    • Critical Hit Damage
    • Critical Hit Chance
    • + Weapon Base Damage
    • +Damage to Elites
    • Gloves are one of the biggest boosts to your overall damage in the game. Take +Weapon damage for PVP and +Elite damage for PVE content
    Masks (two bonuses):
    • Critical hit chance
    • +Damage to elites
    • Gear Mod Slot
    • Masks are one of the only slots that provide bonus critical hit chance. Please get it haha.
    • If you run an smg build, you can focus on a gear mod slot and bonus elite damage...but crit chance is always amazing.

recap
    For gear that you can feel alright getting +armor on:
    • Chest
    • Knee pads
    For DPS:
    • All other gear should focus on damage dealing bonuses such as critical hit damage, critical hit chance, and bonus damage to elites
    For Tanking:
    • More armor can be chosen, +health bonuses, and mod slots.
    Dro LT
    Second in Command
    Veteran
    LEVEL 3
    Some good info in here. I take base weapon damage on gloves as it applies to all weapon damage not just crits.

Edit: Just realised it says elite damage (derp). I chose weapon damage thinking higher base would be a large increase to crits as well as non crits? Maybe I should look at elite damage instead?
    Posted Apr 5, 16 · Last edited Apr 5, 16 by Dro
    Banicks SSGT
    Veteran
    LEVEL 3
    wrote:
    I think the Armour cap is 65%, Which is 4700 Armour, There is also a talent for chest called Robust which gives 45% bonus armour while in cover, I would assume that includes tank shields

My support has that talent, specifically chose it. Wonder if it negates the cap, as in, if you already had 65% cap, does the 45% boost that? It would mean zero damage from bullets essentially. So I highly doubt it eh. Could essentially mean you're the heavy of the group if it reached beyond 65.
    Posted Apr 5, 16
    Smiff a2ND LT
    Master
    LEVEL 5
    Admins
    wrote:
    Nice Smiff, I would try to drop your Ammunition down to the bare minimum requirement for Bleed, increasing your electronics where you can.

Apologies Banicks, by this do you mean reduce my Firearms to 1417 (the min required to make the pistol "Harmful") and use these points in electronics to boast my Shield strength (and would also make my sticky more powerful(??)) ?
    wrote:
    Do you think you can get your armor up more? My support main is sporting 50%, I think the 'operator' named high ends sport the biggest armor numbers. I would try to aim for 75%.

I can definitely work on this :thumb: Now that I'm getting a better understanding how it all works I'll be a smarter crafter :d. Now I just need the materials :lol:
    wrote:

Based on this and my current armour score of 3777, I still have a lot of work to do here.

Also, as Freki pointed out earlier, there is Cap of 500K for Ballistic Shield Strength so when I do "throw it away" when depleted (animation is pretty cool) I need a chance to find cover asap.

From the link at the top of the page (here for the lazy) there are some really good off-shoot links including:

It also mentions that exotic damage = non bullet damage, that Exotic Damage Resilience refers to any non-bullet damage source and that Sticky bomb - 250k Max damage; Ballistic shield - 500k Health; mobile cover - 1.2mil Health; Smart Cover - 50% damage buff
    Smiff a2ND LT
    Master
    LEVEL 5
    Admins
    wrote:
    wrote:

My support has that talent, specifically chose it. Wonder if it negates the cap, as in, if you already had 65% cap, does the 45% boost that? It would mean zero damage from bullets essentially. So I highly doubt it eh. Could essentially mean you're the heavy of the group if it reached beyond 65.

I believe you are correct. Check this out
    nR18JMs.jpg

Taken from here
    Autumnflame a2ND LT
    Experienced
    LEVEL 2
    Admins
    THen all you need is sheild heals to keep you buffed and its gg
    40494_swtor_medic.png
    Posted Apr 5, 16
    Banicks SSGT
    Veteran
    LEVEL 3
    Well yes and no, first, does holding a balshield count as cover?
    Posted Apr 5, 16
    Page
    of 3
    NoticeNotices