I figured it would be best to plot down some strat tips, the most valuable information will be Joe’s notes on what each wave spawn consists of (great work and it got us through mate, well done).
So let’s start with the basics of hard mode.
• There are 15 waves that consist of purple troops, and occasionally gold agents
• Within each wave is a wave/s of troops, and the wave will not complete until you plant the explosives or kill the entirety of the troops before a specific time. If you don’t kill them before the time, the same wave respawns in addition to the survivors.
• The APC is covered by two turrets, to deactivate these you must press the dead-man switches simultaneously on either side. The turrets are then de-activated for 5 seconds.
• A single man can extend the de-active timer by pressing the deadman switch again as the bomb planter escapes
• Right-side has better cover and movement options compared to left-side
• In the middle of the area is a sub-level that contains two one use ammo crates. These refresh at the end of a counted wave.
• T health skill does not revive for some reason (although Bouda said it was working for his group?)
Now the strat we ran with;
• 2 men right-side, 2 men left-side acting as separate fire teams.
• 1 man in both fire teams with ammo supply crate for health and ammo conservation
• Utilize CC where possible. Grenades, sticky bomb stun or seeker with flash mod.
• Prioritize Drones>Shotgunners>Grenadiers>Snipers/Agents/Heavies
• We generally stayed in the rear of the map area, sort of where you jump down, and it opens up with a T width.
• Once the explosives dropped, we moved up as quickly as possible to the deadman switches
• The left room containing the deadman switch is literally a piece of shit – angles of turret, explosive rounds and enemy troops. One of the left side guys would go in to activate whilst the other went to plant, or, stayed out near the closest stairs.
• Left side would fall back almost immediately after the bomb is planted in preparation for the next wave spawns, as left side has shit angles for cover. Left side can fall back to under the stairs without having to dance for the grenade spam. Right side will have to dance around grenade spam.
• Rinse and repeat until wave 15 where you will ultimately need to get the explosives ASAP, popping survivor link in chain to reach the deadman switches, plant the explosives for the final armour elimination, and then all guns blazing on the APC. Remaining mobs will despawn immediately. (edit: apparently players weapons will no longer damage the APC, whether this affects only the armour damage, or killing it at the final stage...don't know, we will try and find out tonight)
Remember, you will wipe, simple fact. Learn from it, try and figure out better positions and tactics.
You can always fast travel to the local safehouse to access bank, full ammunition reloads and so forth. Then fast travel back to power plant, and walk down to the incursion (fast travel to incursion doesn’t work).