"Until the bitter end"
  • Support

Falcon Lost: Strat Talk

5 replies
    Banicks SSGT
    Veteran
    LEVEL 3
    I figured it would be best to plot down some strat tips, the most valuable information will be Joe’s notes on what each wave spawn consists of (great work and it got us through mate, well done).

So let’s start with the basics of hard mode.
    • There are 15 waves that consist of purple troops, and occasionally gold agents
    • Within each wave is a wave/s of troops, and the wave will not complete until you plant the explosives or kill the entirety of the troops before a specific time. If you don’t kill them before the time, the same wave respawns in addition to the survivors.
    • The APC is covered by two turrets, to deactivate these you must press the dead-man switches simultaneously on either side. The turrets are then de-activated for 5 seconds.
    • A single man can extend the de-active timer by pressing the deadman switch again as the bomb planter escapes
    • Right-side has better cover and movement options compared to left-side
    • In the middle of the area is a sub-level that contains two one use ammo crates. These refresh at the end of a counted wave.
    • T health skill does not revive for some reason (although Bouda said it was working for his group?)

Now the strat we ran with;
    • 2 men right-side, 2 men left-side acting as separate fire teams.
    • 1 man in both fire teams with ammo supply crate for health and ammo conservation
    • Utilize CC where possible. Grenades, sticky bomb stun or seeker with flash mod.
    • Prioritize Drones>Shotgunners>Grenadiers>Snipers/Agents/Heavies
    • We generally stayed in the rear of the map area, sort of where you jump down, and it opens up with a T width.
    • Once the explosives dropped, we moved up as quickly as possible to the deadman switches
    • The left room containing the deadman switch is literally a piece of shit – angles of turret, explosive rounds and enemy troops. One of the left side guys would go in to activate whilst the other went to plant, or, stayed out near the closest stairs.
    • Left side would fall back almost immediately after the bomb is planted in preparation for the next wave spawns, as left side has shit angles for cover. Left side can fall back to under the stairs without having to dance for the grenade spam. Right side will have to dance around grenade spam.
    • Rinse and repeat until wave 15 where you will ultimately need to get the explosives ASAP, popping survivor link in chain to reach the deadman switches, plant the explosives for the final armour elimination, and then all guns blazing on the APC. Remaining mobs will despawn immediately. (edit: apparently players weapons will no longer damage the APC, whether this affects only the armour damage, or killing it at the final stage...don't know, we will try and find out tonight)

Remember, you will wipe, simple fact. Learn from it, try and figure out better positions and tactics.

You can always fast travel to the local safehouse to access bank, full ammunition reloads and so forth. Then fast travel back to power plant, and walk down to the incursion (fast travel to incursion doesn’t work).
    I'm beginning to get more grey hairs than frags these days.
    Posted Apr 13, 16 · OP · Last edited Apr 13, 16 by Banicks
    List
    Undo
    ToRN aCAPTAINo
    T19B Founder
    Master
    LEVEL 5
    Admins
    Online on Site
    That sounds like some mechanics to me! Not just a horde mode!
    19thlogocap.png

// What we do Alive //  ToRN  \\ Echoes in Eternity \\

enjin-featured-site-small.png
    Posted Apr 13, 16
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    Wave 15, it's is important to push when you only have a few mobs left, we (Bouda, Jebus, Crab and myself) left our push a little to late and we had mobs spawn on top of us as we approached the dead man switches.

One thing Banicks forgot to mention is the Grenadiers, some of them have tubes and litter the area with grenades around wave 6 or 8 i think it was so if you can stun them or take them out quickly that will also help (they usually come out after the shot gunners and drones).

Other than that, great write up Banicks. Can't wait to complete it tonight.
    Posted Apr 13, 16
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    Awesome stuff Banicks, I'll put up a draft of each wave asap, then we can fine tune.

A useful piece of info would be the respawn timer if anyone can manage to measure it.
    Posted Apr 13, 16
    Slato 2ND LT
    Veteran
    LEVEL 3
    I think I saw on Reddit that its all damage, including armour damage, has been removed against the APC.
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    Posted Apr 13, 16
    Banicks SSGT
    Veteran
    LEVEL 3
    wrote:
    Wave 15, it's is important to push when you only have a few mobs left, we (Bouda, Jebus, Crab and myself) left our push a little to late and we had mobs spawn on top of us as we approached the dead man switches.

One thing Banicks forgot to mention is the Grenadiers, some of them have tubes and litter the area with grenades around wave 6 or 8 i think it was so if you can stun them or take them out quickly that will also help (they usually come out after the shot gunners and drones).

Other than that, great write up Banicks. Can't wait to complete it tonight.

Thanks mate, did forget those bastards. They will have a launcher and it poons. Put them up for priority 3.
    I'm beginning to get more grey hairs than frags these days.
    Posted Apr 13, 16 · OP
    List
    Undo
    NoticeNotices