Dark Souls Fans

4 replies
    ToRN aCAPTAIN
    T19B Founder
    Master
    LEVEL 5
    Admins
    Greetings Dark Souls players,

So, I'm finally intriguied by this series. I know exaclty what it is and what I would be in for getting into Dark Souls 3.

However, I'm just after some input from anyone who has finished 1 and 2...

1: Is the reward and experience of playing a game like this really worth it?
    2: Does it raise your blood pressure to the point you want to punch a hole through your monitor?
    3: Can you sell this game to me? Why should I invest the time in Dark Souls 3... Will I be a better gamer for having experienced it?
    4: SELL ME!! :) Before I get the game, I really want to make sure I'm going to enjoy it.

I have finished Bloodborne on PS4. Apparently it's very much the same as Dark Souls... which is more or less, just super punishing in difficulty, I did enjoy the challenge, however I didn't get the urge to run to it when I woke up in the morning.

So yeah, just after feed back from the veterans out there. Should I or shouldn't I?

Regards,
    ToRN
    19thlogocap.png

// What we do Alive //  ToRN  \\ Echoes in Eternity \\

enjin-featured-site-small.png
    Posted Apr 19, 16 · OP
    Banicks SSGT
    Veteran
    LEVEL 3
    AFAIK, making a post about this game means that you have died.
    I'm beginning to get more grey hairs than frags these days.
    Posted Apr 19, 16
    List
    Undo
    ToRN aCAPTAIN
    T19B Founder
    Master
    LEVEL 5
    Admins
    ROFL Banicks. Honestly cracked up at that. Gold.
    Posted Apr 19, 16 · OP
    Dracael SSGT
    Experienced
    LEVEL 2
    Well Cap, i bought it day one, was on NG+ 2 days later...., and that was not for lack of content either (there is so much i missed aside from the main questline), i literally could not put it away. I absolutely love the DS series. Admittedly they have made the game more (PC) player friendly with each succession whilst keeping the hardcore elements, the original (& prepare to die edition of no:1) was absolutely brutal, perhaps more so than intended being a bad console port but that was the one that sowed the seed of masochism lol. The lore is very in depth and intriguing but takes a bit to wrap your head around & in no way does it hold your hand or lead you in a specific direction, it's all up to you to find your way to victory or death. I haven't played Bloodborne but from what i hear & have seen it reminds me a lot of the first, very dark & gothic. It is definitely a game of timing and precision, being absolutely brutal should you mis-time your actions. You will get your ass handed to you on many occasions & you will definitely have a few moments where you want to smash your monitor or KB, of that i can promise! lol.
    What could this game teach a gamer?..., patience, humility, persistence, determination & endurance....,
    What it most likely WILL teach you is how to rage better than Guardian lol.

984495aa4674de89cd4b3a8168bbffc1-gif-of-the-day-dark-souls-mma.gif
    19th Battalion Late Shift
    Posted Apr 19, 16 · Last edited Apr 20, 16 by Dracael
    List
    Undo
    I Love dark souls 3, the lore is very hard to wrap your head around, but on places like reddit and such there is a LOT of discsussion/fanm theories around lore, which is really really fascinating.

and let me put it this way, I just 100%'ed DS3, which makes this and Bloodborne the only 2 games I have ever bothered to 100% achievement wise.

yeah the game is very Hard, although i think DS3 is probably the easiest of the series in my experience, which is not to say it is EASY by any stretch of the imagination. It is def. easier than Bloodborne though, especially bloodborne's DLC, some of the DLC bosses are insanely hard.

and honestly, if you are completely new to FROM SOFTWARE games, I would suggest using a guide to help you, because as Drac says, there is zero hand holding in these games, and at times it can be very very very easy to get lost/have no idea what to do/where to go next.

Try figuring it out yourself first, but if you cant, don't feel bad, refer to a guide. I wouldnt reccomend just using a guide 100% though, figuring it out yourself is a very rewarding experience.

Bottom line answer to your questions:

1: Is the reward and experience of playing a game like this really worth it?

Oh yes

2: Does it raise your blood pressure to the point you want to punch a hole through your monitor?

It can, it absolutely can, there are plenty of times I have ragequit these games. I go do something else, watch tv, play another game, have some food, but I always want to come back for more, there is something about these games that really draws you in.

3: Can you sell this game to me? Why should I invest the time in Dark Souls 3... Will I be a better gamer for having experienced it?
    4: SELL ME!! :) Before I get the game, I really want to make sure I'm going to enjoy it.

there isnt anymore i can say for these last 2 questions that I havent already said. I am not really a completionist/OCD type person, but as I sad DS3 and Bloodborne are the only games I have ever cared about 100%'ing.. and I think that says a lot about the game.
    Posted Apr 23, 16
    List
    Undo
    NoticeNotices