Smiff a2ND LT
    Master
    LEVEL 5
    Admins
    Taken from here

I found this quite useful :thumb:

Video if you'd rather watch:

What Armour Does:
    From /u/gray_hound The more armour you have, the more you benefit from it. Looking at multiple points you get a static 1% DR for 71.9 armour (at lvl 30). Going from 20% Armour to 30% armor is an effective Damage Reduction (DR) of 1- .7/.8 = .125 = 12.5% Going from 55% armor to 65% armour (cap) is an effective DR of 1 - .35/.45 = .222 = 22.2% Not only that, but as you gain more armour the ratio of 1% DR per armour drops from 71.9 down to closer to 71, making it even stronger.

Armour mitigates GUN damage - if you are pumped with a grenade, there is no hope for you.

Where to get armour from:

All gear has built in armour bonuses. However, the following gear can roll +armour on them:
    • Body Armour (largest bonus)
    • Back Pack
    • Knee Pads
    • Holster

While I am still working on the formula, I have figured out that:
    Low Armour:
    If you have all purple armour, with no +armour bonus, you'll sit somewhere between 35% and 38-39% damage reduction
    Personally, I sat at 2680 armour and 37.24% gun damage reduction

Medium Armor
    If you have all purples with 1-2 armour bonuses, you'll sit between 40-49% damage reduction - this really depends which gear you have the mods on, as chest pieces have more bonus armour
    With a +armour chest piece / knee pads I hit 3484 armour, and 48.81% damage reduction

High Armor
    If you have all purples with 2-4 +armour bonuses, you'll sit between 48-53-60% damage reduction.
    With chest / knee pads / backpack with +armour I was able to get 3709 armour, and 51.96% damage reduction

So how much armour do you need?
    From what I can see, it is easy for most players to land in the medium armour range and benefit from the solid 40-49% gun damage reduction. Just two decently rolled pieces of gear can easily get you to 45%+
    To get into the high tier armour bracket, you'll need 3-4 +armour pieces. You shouldn't be eating damage if you plan on doing damage, so don't waste stats on armour imo

Best Stats Per Gear Piece
    Potential Stat Rolls + Ranking (Only listing top tier stats)

Body Armor (3 bonuses allowed):
    1. Armour
    2. Damage to Elites
    3. Gear mod slot
    4. Protection from Elites
    Body Armour doesn't have life changing potential bonuses - Because of this, I'd suggest on your chest piece to grab:
    • +Armour
    • +Elite Damage
    Your choice of mod slot / health on kill / protection from elites

Back Pack (1 primary stat)
    • Critical hit damage
    • Armour
    Highly recommend taking critical hit damage, as only 3 pieces of gear can get it. If you are low armour however, you may need the bonus armour to survive.

Knee Pads (two bonuses allowed):
    • Critical Damage
    • Armour
    • Damage to Elites
    • Gear Mod
    • Protection from elites
    Knee pads allow for bonus critical hit damage, one of the best stats in the game for DPS.
    Tankier Build: Armour + Critical Hit damage
    DPS Build: Damage to Elites + Critical Hit damage
    (gear mod slots are ok, but I personally don't like them)

Holster (one bonus)
    • Armour
    • Gear mod
    • Protection from elites
    This order is is pretty well the same for what you should pick.
    Need armour? +Armor
    Need health? Stamina gear mod
    Need damage? Firearm mod

Gloves ( 3 bonus DPS KINGS):
    • Critical Hit Damage
    • Critical Hit Chance
    • + Weapon Base Damage
    • +Damage to Elites
    Gloves are one of the biggest boosts to your overall damage in the game. Take +Weapon damage for PVP and +Elite damage for PVE content.

Masks (two bonuses):
    • Critical hit chance
    • +Damage to elites
    • Gear Mod Slot
    Masks are one of the only slots that provide bonus critical hit chance. Please get it haha.
    If you run an smg build, you can focus on a gear mod slot and bonus elite damage...but crit chance is always amazing.

Recap
    For gear that you can feel alright getting +armour on:
    • Chest
    • Knee pads

For DPS:
    All other gear should focus on damage dealing bonuses such as critical hit damage, critical hit chance, and bonus damage to elites
    For Tanking:
    More armor can be chosen, +health bonuses, and mod slots.

Notice:
    I recognize I may not have your exact build in mind. However, these stats are pretty well universally "valuable" in any MMO / Loot Based game
    Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoyed,
    Mtashed

Edit:
    Great point by crabmandu: "Considering you get 7 gear mod slots, each can land 140~ stats and a random major attribute including 1.5% crit chance. By not prioritizing mod slots on each gear piece, you literally will lose out on 1000~ stat points and 11%~ crit chance. That is the difference between 150k DPS and 200k, while keeping your HP relatively the same. TL;DR mod slots are absolutely the best major attributes on gear slots, and should always be prioritized over other major attributes unless for very specific builds. This of course is just my opinion :)"

This does require nearly perfect rolls on your mods that go inside your mod slots, but still a valid point
    ggJMmRr.jpgdkfjwAb.jpgHydY0rE.jpgwG5dyi1.jpg
    Posted Apr 22, 16 · OP · Last edited Apr 22, 16 by Smiff
    List
    Undo
    ToRN aCAPTAIN
    T19B Founder
    Master
    LEVEL 5
    Admins
    Brilliant post Smiff!
    19thlogocap.png

// What we do Alive //  ToRN  \\ Echoes in Eternity \\

enjin-featured-site-small.png
    Posted Apr 22, 16
    Dro LT
    Second in Command
    Veteran
    LEVEL 3
    "mod slots are absolutely the best major attributes on gear slots, and should always be prioritized over other major attributes"

I dont agree. how is a mod slot (140 firearms 1.5 crit chance) better than 5% damage to elites or 19% crit damage, using my kneepads here as an example.
    compared to some of the stats you can roll on items, I find mod slots rather shite.
    Posted Apr 22, 16
    List
    Undo
    Banicks SSGT
    Veteran
    LEVEL 3
    Yea once you reach the required stats for your weapon's talents, min stamina or multiplier boost ie: AUG, the three base stats are rather redundant and you are better off with damage to elites, resistance to elites, crit hit or chance.
    I'm beginning to get more grey hairs than frags these days.
    Posted Apr 22, 16 · Last edited Apr 22, 16 by Banicks
    List
    Undo
    MicRevive SSGT
    Experienced
    LEVEL 2
    what if I'm going for a tech build, those 1k+ buffs add up.
    Balancing inside crazy with outside crazy since 1978. Also good at finger painting.

INF-1 Infantry , INF-5 EOD
    Posted Apr 22, 16
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    wrote:
    what if I'm going for a tech build, those 1k+ buffs add up.

Skill power has a cap (or very diminished returns after 60K) tho. So if you're running the tac's set there's no real point having over 30k base SP.

OP is great, except for that last paragraph, mod slots are indeed a waste of a major stat
    Posted Apr 24, 16
    Bouda118 SSGT
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    Protection from elites apparently is broken like reckless at the moment. https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4g6lnk/tested_confirmed_protection_from_elites_increases/
    CSGO Stats
    Founder of AoW.Esports
    Manager of Div2 Team, FireUP.gg
    Player of Div4 Team ShelveIT.gg
    Posted Apr 24, 16
    List
    Undo
    NoticeNotices