of 4

Overwatch

38 replies
    Banicks SSGT
    Veteran
    LEVEL 3
    overwatch.jpg

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/

Overwatch features squad-based combat with two opposing teams of six players each. Players choose one of several hero characters, each with their own unique abilities and role classes. The four character roles include: offense characters with high speed and attack but low defense, defense characters meant to form choke points for enemies, support characters that provide buffs and debuffs for their allies and enemies respectively (such as healing or speed alterations), and tank characters that have a large amount of armor and hit points to withstand enemy attacks and draw fire away from teammates. Players can switch between characters in-game following deaths, which is encouraged by the game's overall design. The game's maps are inspired by real-world locations the first three maps unveiled ("King's Row", "Hanamura", "Temple of Anubis") are inspired by London, Japan, and the ruins of Ancient Egypt, respectively.

Is it TF2? At the core sense, yes, just as Star Citizen is EVE. I personally feel there is much more polish, options and dynamic ability for the heroes and their teams. Blizzard are reknown for making very solid and lasting products, and this is another attempt at cracking into an established genre with aim for further esports representation. Competitive mode will be offered alongside casual, at this stage there is no campaign. I can envision a business development much like TF2 and CSGO where campaigns so to speak will be offered, alongside many skins.

I played last night for a solid 6 hours with Autumn, we trialed support classes in combination with Tanks and so forth. The matches are quick and enjoyable, when you don't have a shitty team. Most matches will either be wipe or be wiped, with a few inbetween being challenging. The latency is not bad, we initially played on Asia region, apparently the Americas region contains the onshore Australian assignment of servers, which will be prioritized if there is enough in queue. Doesn't make sense to me personally, I guess it comes down to a language thing.

We're going to give Americas server a go tonight, and intending to pick up as many as we can for a solid 6 man group for competitive when it goes live end of May.

It is open beta for free until 10th for Australia (9th US). Give it a blat!
    I'm beginning to get more grey hairs than frags these days.
    Posted May 7, 16 · OP · Last edited May 7, 16 by Banicks
    List
    Undo
    Experienced
    LEVEL 2
    First game I got play of the game. My team were useless but I liked what I encountered. More play will tell
    cd636c0c9932af61.png

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    NEVER FORGET

ssgtsig.png
    Posted May 7, 16
    ToRN aCAPTAIN
    T19B Founder
    Master
    LEVEL 5
    Admins
    I have the Origins Edition. Will join you guys this week. Deleted my Paragon thread. Don't even go there. Game has aids.
    19thlogocap.png

// What we do Alive //  ToRN  \\ Echoes in Eternity \\

enjin-featured-site-small.png
    Posted May 7, 16
    List
    Undo
    Bouda118 SSGT
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    wrote:
    I have the Origins Edition. Will join you guys this week. Deleted my Paragon thread. Don't even go there. Game has aids.

Ha wow that did a 180 real quick What happened?

Will DL OW tonight ( Diablo is taking up all my time ) , Have followed it since its announcement been watching alot of streams ( Streamers have had it for months ) Looking forward to the competitive side of it, Teams already have rosters locked down and leagues formed, Going to have a good scene from how it looks.

+ the RTS side of it is nice, Its alot more than Aim = win as aim is only a small portion of the game.
    CSGO Stats
    Founder of AoW.Esports
    Manager of Div2 Team, FireUP.gg
    Player of Div4 Team ShelveIT.gg
    Posted May 7, 16 · Last edited May 7, 16 by Bouda118
    Autumnflame a2ND LT
    Experienced
    LEVEL 2
    Admins
    With a good team and communication the game is great, pugs can be annoying when they are useless as.

and the biggest thing, that scrub teams dont get,

This game is objective based not kill based,
    if you dont hold the area that needs to be held your 6.9 kd means nothing when its a loss.
    40494_swtor_medic.png
    Posted May 8, 16 · Last edited May 8, 16 by Autumnflam...
    Untagged users
    Add me on BNET Kingpin#1113
    Posted May 8, 16
    Experienced
    LEVEL 2
    Fucking loving this game, especially playing with a group
    cd636c0c9932af61.png

NEVER FORGET

ssgtsig.png
    Posted May 9, 16
    Bouda118 SSGT
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    Beta extended for a day.
    CSGO Stats
    Founder of AoW.Esports
    Manager of Div2 Team, FireUP.gg
    Player of Div4 Team ShelveIT.gg
    Posted May 9, 16
    I'm pretty new to the 19th, so hi, I'm Sintuition, I'm Guardian's flatmate. I've played Rocket League, and a little Overwatch with you guys before, and I'm super keen to play Overwatch with some people who actually want to communicate and play the game properly.
    Posted May 10, 16
    List
    Undo
    Experienced
    LEVEL 2
    So, my first night playing this I fucking loved it. Was playing Widowmaker, a sniper with a poison mine. I'd sit at mid range and destroy anyone I saw. Tons of fun. It was perfect for my play style.

Then over the next few nights my enjoyment started to drop off dramatically. I was trying new characters, new play styles, but it just wasn't clicking. I was playing with a few of the 19th, but it just wasn't fun.

It took me ages to work out why I wasn't enjoying the game, why I couldn't recapture that magic of the first night. Then it hit me, it was playing with pubs. You see when I was playing with all 19th on the first night, we had a balanced team, we focused the objective, and them playing their play style, allowed me to play mine. When playing with pubs, everyone wants to be the guys getting the kills, so they go the light high damage characters and float around looking for isolated players to up their kill count. So I was forced to try and play in a style that I didn't really like, to assist people like Autumn actually take objectives. It just sucked, typical COD kid pubs, want the kills and fuck the teams objective.

So what's my verdict? I really want to get Overwatch and play it. That first night was so awesome, I got to play in a style that suited me, and we demolished other teams. Problem is, playing with Pubs is just super frustrating. No one tanks, you go tank and no one heals. Every one is out for themselves and it just sucks. So my decision will kind of depends on there being enough 19th that I can avoid teams of morons pubs.

The mechanics are solid, gun play is excellent. Characters are pretty well balanced when the team works together. No issues with lag, no issues with bugs. The game itself is great. What let it down is pretty typical of online shooters, the pubs are fucking retarded.
    cd636c0c9932af61.png

NEVER FORGET

ssgtsig.png
    Posted May 11, 16
    List
    Undo
    Page
    of 4
    NoticeNotices