THE DIVISION UNDERGROUND EXPANSION COMING JUNE 28 TO XBOX, PC
The first of The Division’s three paid expansions, Underground, will be available June 28 exclusively on Xbox One and PC. The new content will also be available on PS4 on August 2. As with the free Incursions and Conflict updates, Underground brings a host of new features and loot, beginning with the expansion’s eponymous mode, which puts Agents into subways, tunnels, and sewers generated with random layouts. Additionally, Underground features a new Incursion called Dragon’s Nest, which will be bigger than those found in the previous updates. Set in Hell’s Kitchen, it features the Cleaners as a primary enemy as they continue their haphazard and dangerous attempts to burn the virus out of New York City.
- Challenge missions for Hudson Yard and Queen’s Tunnel
- Heroic difficulty setting for Falcon Lost, Clear Sky,
- Heroic diffivulty for all missions that already have a Challenge mode equivalent.
- Redeem three full outfits representing Rainbow Six Siege, Ghost Recon Wildlands, and Splinter Cell on June 28 from Ubisoft Club
1. What new environment are players able to explore in the Underground DLC?
Underground takes place deep in the underbelly of Manhattan New York, in the maze that exists beneath its streets: sewer networks, derelict facilities, tunnels, flooded stations and collapsed infrastructures.
2. How do you play once you enter the Underground game mode? Can you tell us more about the different types of operations?
Players enter the Underground through the Underground Tactical Operation Center, a DLCspecific extension to the Base of Operations. Each operation is unique and borrows from the formula of randomly generated dungeons. The challenges feature unique combinations of environments, hazards, enemies, reward placements, and offers maximum re-playability.
3. What kind of enemies and threats will agents face in the underworld?
The enemies that appear in Underground are the same as those featured in the main game. The changes come from the unpredictability of their composition and the various configurations in which they appear. Players need to be prepared as they won’t know who or what they are going to come up against.
4. It seems that the environment feels even more hostile and darker than what we have seen so far in The Division. Why did you choose to go with such an atmosphere?
Going ‘below the surface’ naturally called for a darker, more claustrophobic and hostile ambiance. Enclosed spaces mean the danger feels more immediate, the hazards are harder to ignore and the battles are more visceral. With these combined, Underground will offer an intense, varied and exciting feel for players to enjoy.
5. Can you tell us more about the “Dragon’s Nest” Incursion and its backstory?
In Dragon’s Nest, players go to Hell’s Kitchen to deal with a group of Cleaners. They have been working on a new type of weapon, that if deployed would wreak havoc on the streets of Manhattan. Players have to breach the facility they are working in, fight their way through flames and smoke until they finally reach the Dragon’s nest.
6. What are the new items introduced with this update?
We are introducing new gear sets, more high-end weapons and all new weapon types.
7. Can we expect regular content to be added to Underground?
Underground is an extension of The Division world that players will be able to access and replay. Updates, balancing and various adjustments are to be expected