"Until the bitter end"
  • Support

Last expansion experience

7 replies
    Freki SSGT
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    So i know a few of you got into the last expansion pretty well, I am curious about how gameplay and the like was.

Honestly I have had a request from my older brother to jump back in again for some shits and giggles with the new expansion.

Was just curious how much has changed as I haven't really had a fair crack since maybe cataclysm and even that was half ass.

If anyone knows about legion please share also haha.
    Posted Jun 22, 16 · OP
    List
    Undo
    Freki SSGT
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    Oh i should actually put the main factor is we are not massive pve raiders but pvp bandits.
    Posted Jun 22, 16 · OP
    List
    Undo
    ToRN aCAPTAIN
    T19B Founder
    Master
    LEVEL 5
    Admins
    I have always been a raider in WoW. I did play the last expansion with a solid raiding Guild for the first 3 months of release. It was fun and first then the novelty wore off real fast. I wish I could experience those same feelings I had during the first 6 years of WoW, however the flame has burnt out and sadly I don't think it can be rekindled.

The game play and class system is so incredibly simple now. Some people may like that, for me it felt a lot more "Arcade" instead of an indepth MMO.

We really deserve a WoW 2 for lack of a better word... I'm sure Blizzard will do something along those lines one day.

Hope you enjoy it if you do get back into it though!
    19thlogocap.png

// What we do Alive //  ToRN  \\ Echoes in Eternity \\

enjin-featured-site-small.png
    Posted Jun 22, 16
    List
    Undo
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    Im with Torn here Freki, I played during every expansion and sadly the flame has all but died out. I love the game and played for many years.

My opinion, if you can/want to part with the coin to play this expansion go for it. Worst that happens is you waste a bit of coin and stop playing in the first week (plus side: if you like your brother, you'll get to spend more time with him).
    Posted Jun 22, 16
    List
    Undo
    Freki SSGT
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    Sweet thanks for the feedback boys. As I said I we don't raid much was always PvP for us.
    Just easier to jump in have a few rounds and leave rather then the long grind in raids.

To be honest Aeasen I do miss playing it and other things with my brother haha, selfish hope that maybe if I jump in even for a little while as you said it may bring him back into playing online more like old times.

Who knows may even convince him to pick up a few more titles if he rekindles his own gaming habits he lost and jump in a few more games with the 19th
    Posted Jun 22, 16 · OP
    List
    Undo
    Banicks SSGT
    Veteran
    LEVEL 3
    Tried to get back into it for Cataclysm, but the core game itself is just so simplistic and lost that difficulty and versatility of classes.

In essence, every class you meet is going to have the exact, same, meta spec. Going for the exact same piece of loot. So on, and so forth, and nothing new is essentially in the game. Just baddies renamed and relevelled, quests to X amount to receive Y reward, and so forth.

Vanilla was the peak of WoW for me, mainly because of the guild I was in. Never been able to recreate that feeling of achievement since.
    I'm beginning to get more grey hairs than frags these days.
    Posted Jun 22, 16
    List
    Undo
    Bouda118 SSGT
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    I have played since vanilla ( And through to WOTLK as a hardcore raider ) before switching to the casual life , I have phases and go back every now and than, Usually at the start of an expansion for a couple of months than the end to do the legendary quest. While its nothing like it used to be i still get some enjoyment out of it, they have made Casual side of it alot more open so everyone gets to see content with different difficulties ( the Raid finder version is a steam roll like Torn said, But if you intended to raid the other difficulties can be extremely challenging )

PVP is still good, It still suffers class changes and rotations of what is the best, Along with a heap of new battlegrounds added, Main focus is still arena though which is getting some love in the Esports world at the moment.

I also got into the first wave BETA for legion and gave that a whirl ( Demon hunters are fun ) , There are some nice features been introduced and it looks like its going to be a decent expansion.

While WoW is nothing like the glory days. I still rate it as an enjoyable experience until you burn out, It will always have a soft spot in my gaming heart ;'^)
    CSGO Stats
    Founder of AoW.Esports
    Manager of Div2 Team, FireUP.gg
    Player of Div4 Team ShelveIT.gg
    Posted Jun 23, 16 · Last edited Jun 23, 16 by Bouda118
    List
    Undo
    Freki SSGT
    Grunt
    LEVEL 1
    Thanks all for the replys good to see a few varied responses.

I know what you mean Bouda, spent many years growing up with the game and yes I have been the same and dabble now and then. Good feedback on the PvP side of thing thanks.
    Posted Jun 24, 16 · OP
    NoticeNotices